KBeach COVID19 PROCESSES/PROCEDURES
KBeach's highest priority is conducting our training sessions safely for our players, coaches, and their families. We expect families to make decisions based on their needs and requirements. If they do not feel safe, they should not participate.
We have created the following processes/procedures based on the guidance provided on the links on this page. Specifically, we are using the guidance related to outdoor tennis except for having the ability to sanitize our volleyballs and using volleyball guidelines from the USA Volleyball (USAV) where applicable. By participating in any training session, the parents, players, and coaches accept all risks associated with COVID 19 and any other general risks associated with playing beach volleyball.
1. If a player exhibits any of the symptoms outlined here by the CDC, they are required to stay home.
2. All players must arrive and depart based on their schedule time. Players cannot arrive early and must immediately leave the court area as soon as players are dismissed.
3. Players will have designated areas for their personal gear at least 6' from other players' gear. We ask that players bring their own bottled water, personal hand sanitizer if possible, and any personal protection they need to participate in practice.
4. Players and coaches must stay at least 6' apart during sessions and avoid all direct contact with each other.
5. Players and coaches must sanitize their hands and forearms using their personal sanitizer. The club will have sanitizer on location as well for both players and coaches to use if needed.
6. Each court will have a freshly sanitized set of volleyballs. The balls will be marked as designated for that court. When a ball crosses to an undesignated court, players and coaches are required to kick the ball back to its designated court. Avoid using your hands.
7. Players will assigned a court to play on before the session. They are required to stay on that court for the entire session.
8. Players will return to their designated gear location for breaks and return back to their court when the break is finished.
9. When players are dismissed, they must leave the court immediately. Another group may be coming in after them.
10. Desiree Phelps is the designated onsite COVID19 Supervisor for all sessions.
11. Because this is outside in an open area, and all parties can stay 6' apart, we do not require coaches or players to wear masks. We encourage any person to wear them as they feel necessary. Please note, a player may be asked to suspend activity if a mask becomes a breathing hindrance.
12. We understand parents want to watch practices, however under the current circumstances parents, siblings, spectators will not be allowed at trainings.
We will communicate any changes made to these processes/procedures, but it is the responsibility of all parties to check here before each training session. We will modify this document as we feel necessary. We are also open to feedback from families. However, please do not interrupt coaches during training sessions.
We appreciate your cooperation and assistance with these processes/procedures.
Desiree Phelps - Director and COVID19 Supervisor
We have compiled the following links to resources to show full transparence to our players, coaches and their families.